Christmas is a week away, and if you are like us, you want to spend it with family or friends. The thing is, for many of us, our family and friends don’t live nearby. Which means either we have to travel to see them, or they have to travel to see us. Some of us here at Rajni Alex Design are traveling abroad to be with family (expect a London post early in January!), some of us are hosting family, but anyways, there’s going to be a lot of traveling going on. And while we love the fact that travel allows us to be with our loved ones and to see different places, the actual travel from one place to the other is not usually the most comfortable experience.
Whether it’s by plane, train, or car, traveling means long periods of time in a confined space. So here are some items to make your journey more fun, comfortable, and easy:
- A passport holder like this classy one that can be found on One Kings Lane – So you can keep your passport, boarding pass, etc. organized.
- A nice, warm scarf like this one from Nordstrom – Because planes and trains are pretty chilly.
- Osis+ Dust It – To make your hair look nice after a long time traveling.
- E-reader – Because long periods of time where you can barely move can get pretty boring .
- A bag to hold all your cords like this one – so you can find any charger easily.
- Deck of cards – Very useful when traveling with children or in groups.
- Travel flats like these beautiful Tory Burch Minnie Flats – because you want to be comfortable.
- Rosebud Salve – For cracked lips… Also great for hands.
- Bags to keep your luggage organized – so you can find what you need when you need it.
- Travel hair brush – So you can look presentable when arriving at your destination.
- A nice weekender bag like this Michael Kors – great for shorter trips.
- Socks – If you’re traveling in flats or open shoes, don’t forget to have some socks in your carry-on. Traveling is much more comfortable when your feet aren’t freezing.
- Travel Mini Manicure Kit – Because who’s never chipped a nail when dragging luggage around. Make sure to have this in your checked luggage.
We’re sure there are many items we could add to this list, but we tried to stick to the essentials. Don’t forget to always keep valuables in your carry-on luggage, as well as electronics; also make sure you have a change of clothes in case your luggage is misplaced. And remember to not get too stressed; traveling can be awkward at times, but it is absolutely worth it!